emmadoll

Wounded Child Prostitute

I like some people so much, their whole way, and being, that I can't say a word for fear of wrecking it. So if you see me standing across the room, not looking, I'm probably in love with you. Damaged, benzo surfer...

Why We Love Sociopaths: A Guide To Late Capitalist Television
Kimberly Craft
The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future
Joseph E. Stiglitz

Lunar Park

Lunar Park - Bret Easton Ellis Here we go again, me gathering up more bad review karma. When I finally publish my book, I'm gonna get slaughtered with payback I'm sure.I was very excited to dive into Lunar Park when I read about it for two reasons. First and foremost, I wanted to see BEE's treatment of the meta-fiction component because my current wip (Folie à Deux) has a meta-fiction element. Secondly, and similar to Lunar, I have a few characters who are stretching the limits of their perceptions and crossing a boundary where, as writers, we are treading carefully to not destroy the suspension of our reader's disbelief we have so carefully constructed. So I thought, I really have to read this famous dude's book, it's so like mine etc etc. Ya, sure kid. Unfortunately (and this is my first book of his), I did not like BEE's writing at all. I felt like I was reading a narrative by someone who was extremely bored and ashamed of their life and they were being forced to somehow create a meta-fiction out of it. I couldn't help think that the BEE had to fulfill a contractual obligation and this was the result. You know, okay, I owe you a book, so here! Stick this in your dog's anus, see what hatches etc. etc... There are plenty of reviews about the book and in general, BEE's writing seems to be like patchouli, you either like it or hate it. I could go on quite a bit about the aspects of this book, but I don't have anything good to say, so I suppose this will do. Oh, for those who have read the book, I have to mention that when the so called horror parts began, you know, the 'Terby' and the lights flickering etc. I mean, I lolled, I had to cover my mouth because I subconsciously thought I was laughing in his face. How rude of me!